How You Can Help Us Get Comprehensive Underride Protection On Trucks
I know that I can’t be the only person in this country (or the planet for that matter) who would like to see trucks made safer to drive around. So, for anyone else who would like to help get comprehensive underride protection on trucks in the U.S., here are some ideas:
- Please sign the STOP Underrides! Bill petition: Congress, Act Now To End Deadly Truck Underride!Your signature will generate an email telling your legislators to co-sponsor this life-saving legislation: Be sure to add a Comment which will be included in that email.
- Share this flyer via email — allows the user to get to the STOP Underrides Petition with Clickable Petition Flyer
- Contact Your Federal Elected Officials and ask them to co-sponsor the STOP Underrides! Bill (S.665 and HR.1511).
- Members of the U.S. Congress:
U.S. Senators – Get contact information for your Senators in the U.S. Senate.
U.S. Representatives – Find the website and contact information for your Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Let me know if you get any response from them, and I can invite them to join in the bipartisan discussions of this bill on The Hill.
- We are creating an Interactive Underride Crash Map. If you have information about truck crashes which you think might have involved underride, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support side guard research projects, which will help get affordable and effective side guards on the market. Donate here.
- We have recently sent letters to transportation companies alerting them to the IIHS research and asking them to buy trucks with comprehensive underride protection. If you would like to send some letters yourself, contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to do so.