How You Can Help
How You Can Help Us Get Comprehensive Underride Protection On Trucks
I know that I can’t be the only person in this country (or the planet for that matter) who would like to see trucks made safer to drive around. So, for anyone else who would like to help get comprehensive underride protection on trucks in the U.S., here are some ideas:
- Please sign the STOP Underrides! Bill petition: Congress, Act Now To End Deadly Truck Underride!Your signature will generate an email telling your legislators to co-sponsor this life-saving legislation: Be sure to add a Comment which will be included in that email.
- Have your U.S. Legislators become cosponsors of the STOP Underrides Bill? Find out by checking here:
- Senators who are already cosponsors.
- Representatives who are already cosponsors.
Call the Congressional Switchboard (202-224-3121) and/or email their Office. Tell them that you want them to cosponsor S.665 (Senate) or HR.1511 (House).
- Contact Information for Members of the U.S. Congress:
U.S. Senators – Get contact information for your Senators in the U.S. Senate.
U.S. Representatives – Find the website and contact information for your Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- See some of the thousands of underride tragedies at Underride Crash Memorials and #STOPunderrides. To add more information to these stories or to add other underride crashes to be remembered, send an email to email@example.com. Please use this Interactive Underride Crash Map Crash Location Input Form to provide us with accurate information . (Note: the map is currently not online; but we would keep the information for future updating and to aid in underride advocacy efforts.)
- Support side guard research projects, which will help get affordable and effective side guards on the market.
- We have recently sent certified letters to transportation companies alerting them to the IIHS research and asking them to buy trucks with comprehensive underride protection. If you would like to send some letters yourself, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to find out how to do so.