Find important news about our efforts to end deadly truck underride crashes here.
You can help. Sign & share the STOP Underrides! Petition here.
Media reports and video footage of successful crash testing at the D.C. Underride Crash Test Event, on March 26, 2019, can be found here.
Hear the Underride Panel Discussion at the D.C. Underride Crash Test Event here.
On December 20, 2017, Senator Gillibrand questioned Chris Spear, CEO of the American Trucking Associations, at a Senate Environment & Public Works Committee Hearing. See response to his questions here: Sen. Gillibrand questions Chris Spear, CEO of ATA, on truck underride protection.
Eric Flack, Investigative Reporter at WUSA9, recently began an extensive investigation into truck underride. The segments which have already aired are listed here. They plan to shed light on the problem until it is adequately addressed in this country.
- The complete WUSA9 Underride Investigations Series can be found here.
- Most recent WUSA9 coverage of the D.C. Underride Crash Test Event.
- WUSA9 livestreamed the event. Archived video can be found here.
- Introduction by Eric Flack: A danger on the highway. . .
- Part 1 aired on July 13, “Mothers fight for tougher tractor trailer laws after daughters die in underride crashes”
- Part 2 aired on July 14, “Cost of a Life,” and
- Part 3 aired on Tuesday, July 18, “Truck trailer rear guard rules have huge holes, safety experts say”
- July 18, “Big rigs, Big risks: Are rear truck guards enough?”
- Special Response to Comments on Social Media, July 19, “Rear underride accidents explained”
- Friday, July 28: “Why don’t tractor trailers have side guards?“
- Wednesday, August 9: “Moms try to save lives but get caught in red tape on Capitol Hill”
- Thursday, August 10: “Big rigs, big risks: Congressional response”
- December 5, 2017, Va. family grieves after man killed in Thanksgiving underride crash
Moms Who Lost Daughters In Truck Underride Collisions Push for Greater Safety, May 14, 2017, NPR Radio Interview, Geoff Bennett
Investigator | Few survive horrific side underride crashes, WKYC3, September 25, 2017
Matt Brumbelow, Sr. Research Engineer at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, discusses side underride & guards in a radio interview: https://soundcloud.com/1070wina/matthew-brumbelow
IIHS co-hosted the Second Underride Roundtable with the Truck Safety Coalition and AnnaLeah & Mary for Truck Safety at their , on August 29, 2017.
Deadly crashes spur calls for tractor-trailer side guards, July 30, 2017, Mary Esch, The Associated Press